There are plenty of articles about the benefits of Vitamin C for boosting our immune system, but how much do you know about the other vitamins you take? Here’s a quick rundown of the benefits of vitamins commonly found in multivitamins.
• Vitamin A is essential for healthy vision, skin, teeth, bones and blood circulation.
• Vitamins B go by a variety of names such as Thiamin and Riboflavin. These vital vitamins help your body convert food into energy. They also assist in digestion, brain function, heart health and fat metabolism.
• Vitamin C is an antioxidant with abundant immune system benefits. It also helps control fat and cholesterol in the blood, as well as assist with fat metabolism.
• Vitamin D supports a healthy immune system as well as strong teeth and bones.
• Vitamin E is the most powerful antioxidant for the body. It promotes cellular function, which helps keep organs, skin, nails and hair healthy.
• Vitamin K helps to maintain healthy bone mass.